Monday 25 April 2016

My cleansing routine

One of my favourite parts of my skin care regime is the cleansing process. I just love the squeaky clean feel on my face of a good cleanse to wash the day away.

I wasn't always so thorough with my skin care but I think that when you get into your 30's, you know that you can no longer escape with a facial wipe scraped across the face. We will all age, that's an inevitable factor but with good care & maintenance we can begin a damage limitation process.

Obviously, skin products will only do so much for your skin. You need to feed & nourish your body from the inside out to ensure that you have optimum nutrition so that your hair, skin & nails are vibrant and radiant but you certainly also need to look after your body externally.

The one cleansing routine that I religiously do on a daily basis is cleansing with my Clarisonic. For those of you who haven't seen Clarisonic before, it is a chargeable facial cleansing unit that has a rotating brush head to deeply cleanse your face & neck. Because of the nature of this device, it acts as a superb exfoliator for your face. I use my Clarisonic, every single morning in the shower without fail. When it comes to using a facial cleanser with the Clarisonic, I have tried numerous different facial washes to find a good match. It is vital that the cleanser has the ability to foam well & to remove all excess make up, dirt and any residue from the skin. Effectively, the skin brush head should be perfectly clean once the Clarisonic process has been completed.

For me, the best facial wash cleanser that works with or without the Clarisonic is the Estée Lauder, Perfectly Clean. This cleanser, literally gives the squeaky clean feel from the skin.

Another item in my cleansing routine that I love is the Garnier Micellar cleansing water. This product only costs about €4.50 in Penneys and acts as a superb make up remover for even tough eye make up & liner.
So, with the likes of the Garnier cleansing water, it proves that you don't have to spend a fortune on cleansing products to get good results.

If you don't have a Clarisonic, I would really advise you to invest in a few good, old fashioned face cloths. A face cloth is such a great way to exfoliate your skin and again, achieve the sqeaky clean feel.

Have a great Monday,

Sandra xx.




No comments:

Post a Comment