Sunday 1 May 2016

Dehydrated Skin Remedies

Like most people, I find that my skin & my hair, very much change with the Seasons. 
In general during the Spring & Summer, my skin would be in the "normal" range - partially due to weather conditions but also due to the fact that inadvertently, I take better care on my skin on my body & face during that time. I definitely engage in a better routine post shower during the fine weather as when I'm wearing a sun dress & flip flops, I'll always lather on plenty of body moisturiser with Summer scents but during the Winter months when putting on opaque tights on a daily basis, that sticky body feeling just doesn't feel as appealing. Not only that but it's just too cold to be prancing around the bedroom in a towel plastering on tubs of moisturiser.
This year however, so far we have not had the luxury of the Summer sun - yet!!! As a result of this, coupled with the side effects of the Prostap injections that I'm currently having for treatment after my operation, my skin is definitely more dehydrated than normal.
Even though, I have a very good daily facial care routine, my GP did warn me that I may find that my skin may feel quite dry - and immediately, this sent off the alarm bells, that dry skin causes premature aging of skin. 
I found this week that my usual products just were not fully satisfying my skin needs so I knew that I needed to try something more hydrating. I also noticed that my make up was just not applying as evenly as normal due to the skin dryness which would be very unusual for my skin type.
With a recent purchase of a Lancôme gift set, there were a few nice samples - and within these samples, was a 15ml little pot of their Hydra Zen masque.
This Hydra Zen masque is actually an overnight serum that you put on overnight to rehydrate the skin. I'm always cautious of the overnight masks as they can be quite sticky and just sit on the surface of the skin rather than soak into the skin. This Lancôme product however is a gem of a treatment. When you put it on the face and neck after your regular evening cleansing routine, it feels lovely and cooling on dry skin and it really does penetrate through the upper layer of the skin overnight. On waking each morning, my skin hasn't had as much tightness and I have definitely felt a difference to my skins hydration. I'm almost finished this sample, and I definitely will be treating myself to a full sized pot of the product as I do feel that it is a super serum for the skin.

Another product which may surprise you that acts as a super hydrator for the skin is plain old Coconut oil from the kitchen cupboard!
Now, I wouldn't use this going to bed as it is oil and I value my bed linen too much, but certainly, it works as a wonderful little mask whilst watching the TV or pottering around the house. 
In fact, not only do I use coconut oil on my face, but it is a wonderful lip hydrator and also a superb hair mask! 
Coconut oil has so many uses rather than just cooking, I would recommend everyone to have a jar in their kitchen.
If you are purchasing though, ensure that you go to a health food shop and purchase one of good quality. Like anything, there are plenty of brands in the supermarket but when it comes to oils or vitamins, I would only ever purchase in the health food store for quality and potency.
So now that I feel I have tackled the area of my skins dryness on my face, next on my list is to find a good eye cream!

Hope you enjoyed reading.

Until next time,

Sandra xxx.





No comments:

Post a Comment