Wednesday 25 February 2015

Afternoon Tea Delights & Spa Afternoon

As it was my wonderful sister in law's birthday yesterday, I decided to take her for a late afternoon of spoiling which she so desperately deserves. She's a mother of 3 young boys and works full time so she, like most mothers, rarely has time to indulge in luxurious activities.

Once our working days were completed, we met in the K Lounge of The Kingsley to enjoy a delicious afternoon tea.
I have had afternoon tea on a few occasions at the hotel & it never disappoints. It's served past the reception area in a lounge that has splendid views of the River Lee - A view I normally see from the 1st floor gym - so it was particularly nice to be enjoying the culinary delights for a change.
After spending a very lazy hour in the K Lounge, we then headed of to the spa for our treatments. When booking treatments, the staff will always advise you to arrive early to allow time to enjoy the Thermal Suite in advance of your treatment. I'm very fortunate with my gym membership that I have access to the thermal suite, which I love to enjoy on days that I have extra time.
The thermal suite has plenty for all spa guests to enjoy, including a Chromotherapy room, jacuzzi, hammam, sauna, steam room, tropical rain shower, ice shower etc.
After enjoying all facilities that the spa had to offer, we were collected by our therapists to have our individual treatments. I had a back, neck & shoulder massage and my sister in law had a mini facial.
We both thoroughly enjoyed our treatments & found the therapists to be polite, professional & highly skilled.

Post treatments, we vowed to try & make a spa day a more regular occurrence. We all have such busy lives now that it's so important to make time to relax & spend it with people you love.
*The package we booked includes afternoon tea & a 30 minute treatment for €60p.p.*



No comments:

Post a Comment